Good News from Halloween Town! The Oogie Boogie Bash is returning to Disney’s California Adventure this Fall!
We all know that Halloween season is when I come alive and no one does Halloween like Disneyland (sorry Disney World). From the decor, character costumes, and food, it’s all just top-tier. And just like WDW, Disneyland has its own hard-ticketed Halloween party: Oogie Boogie Bash.
Oogie Boogie Bash made its debut back in 2019 and will return this year, running on select nights starting Tuesday, Sept 5th.
411 of Oogie Boogie Bash:
- Magic Key holder pre-sale will start no earlier than 9 am PT on June 27
- General Public sale will start no earlier than 9 am PT on June 29
- Ticket prices will range from $134 – $189
- September Dates: Tuesday, Sept. 5; Thursday, Sept. 7; Sunday, Sept. 10; Tuesday, Sept. 12; Thursday, Sept. 14; Sunday, Sept. 17; Tuesday, Sept. 19; Thursday, Sept. 21; Sunday, Sept. 24; Tuesday, Sept. 26; Thursday, Sept. 28
- October Dates: Sunday, Oct. 1; Tuesday, Oct. 3; Thursday, Oct. 5; Sunday, Oct. 8; Tuesday, Oct. 10; Thursday, Oct. 12; Sunday, Oct. 15; Tuesday, Oct 17; Thursday, Oct. 19; Sunday, Oct. 22; Tuesday, Oct. 24; Thursday, Oct. 26; Sunday, Oct. 29; and Tuesday, Oct. 31, Halloween night.
- The fun will go from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Early entry to DCA will start at 3:00 PM.
- Costumes are allowed for all ages but please refer to Disney’s costume policy here.
- For a full rundown of what is included this year, visit the Oogie Boogie page on Disneyland’s website.
Now I’ll be 100% transparent here, last year was my first time going to the Oogie Boogie bash due to the park closures of 2020-2021. BUT…that doesn’t mean I don’t have a few tips on how to make this a great night.
- Disney does not skimp on candy so bring a much your own large bag for trick or treating as the small one provided will fill up fast.
- Keep your camera out and at the ready. 95% of the character interactions happen in the treat trails.
- There will be a few regular character meet & greets, last year it was Bruno from Encanto and Minnie, Daisy, and Carabell as the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. The best time to get in line for these is either right as the event starts or during one of the two parade showings.
- DO NOT skip Villains Grove at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. This was one of my favorite experiences from the event.
- Just like MSNNHP, the 2nd parade showing was far less crowded.
- I highly suggest you grab a dining reservation around 3 PM, there were not a ton of quick-service restaurants that I saw open during the events.