I cannot believe that 2016 is done and it was one hell of year. I bought, tried, demoed, loved and even hated so many beauty products this year but there were a few that really stuck out and became cream of the crop to say. So what are my top beauty buys of 2016, read on to find out.
1. tarte Shape Tape Concealer – This baby is my all time favorite beauty product from 2016, so much so that I’m already on my 3rd tube! I tried A LOT of different concealers and this baby performed the best and worked great to really transform my face.
2. IT Cosmetics Brushes – I have been on the hunt for the perfect makeup brushes for a while now. I was starting to feel like it was an impossible search until I found the brushes from IT Cosmetics. Not only are these brushes super soft but they work great, I find myself reaching for my other non-IT brushes less and less.
3. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lips – 2016 was really the year of the liquid lipstick as it seems like every makeup brand released their take on the longwearing matte lip trend. I tried so many this year that my lips kinda hate me right now but the ones I loved and reached for the most were from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. The formula is light, moisturizing and super longwearing, plus the shades are to die for.
4. Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Pressed Powder – Any beauty guru worth their salt knows that you a need a good powder to set your foundation/concealer and my favorite is the One Heck of a Blot from Soap & Glory. This formula doesn’t cake-up or crack and just gives you a nice smooth finish and locks your base into place.
5. Clinique Take the Day Off Balm – I am a Clinique junkie and have been for years so when they turned their amazing Take the Day Off makeup remover into a balm I was hooked. I love the original but with it being liquid based make it hard to travel with. This balm however is my new go-to remover as it just dissolves my makeup and leaves my skin ready for some deep cleaning, plus since it’s a balm not a liquid it’s travel friendly.
6. OUAI Dry Shampoo – I am obsessed with dry shampoo and this year I fell in LOVE with the dry shampoo from OUAI. Not only does it smell amazing but it also works great to absorb excess oil and give my 2nd (or 3rd) day hair some fullness and body. Plus it is 100% clear meaning no white cast on my darker roots.
7. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation – This is a bit of a newer favorite but when I was recently on vacation in Orlando, this was the ONLY foundation I reached for day after day. It’s long wearing formula really held up to the hussle and bussle of running around Walt Disney World and the humid Florida weather. My foundation looked amazing all day which makes it a win in my book.
8. GlamGlow Masks – GlamGlow isn’t exactly new but I re-discovered them year and remember why these masks need to a must-have in everyone’s beauty routine. My favorites are the classic SuperMud which I use 1-2x a week to help keep my skin clear and the GravityMud to firm and lift everything.
9. Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes – I LOVE mascara but with super sensitive eyes, it is so hard for me to find a good mascara that love me back. The Legendary Lashes mascara not only makes my lashes look amazing but my eyes don’t freak out when I wear it. It’s a total win-win.
10. Urban Decay All Nighter – Setting sprays was another hot ticket beauty buy in 2016 and the All Nighter setting spray from Urban Decay is my top pick. This spray really helps to keep makeup locked in all day and that is needed some summertime in NYC.
There you have it, my top beauty picks from 2016. What were your favorite beauty buys from the last year? Sound off in the comments below.